Skip to main content

popular place for japanese tourist in Kyoto

I would like to introduce popular place for japanese tourist in Kyoto.
There are a lot of temples and shrines in kyoto but we also have another famous spot .


(maeda coffee) (Yojiya cafe)

kyoto has many cafe Left picture coffee shop is one of famous coffee shop in kyoto.
this coffee is very nice and many people go there for breakfast.
(HP) http://www.inoda-coffee.co.jp/
(Location) on the corner of sanjostreet and fuyachou street.


Right picture is at Yojiya cafe. this shop is very very famous for cosmetic.Japanese tourist buy cosmetic for kyoto souvenir . but this cafe also very nice and cappuccino is very cute.

(HP) http://www.yojiya.co.jp/pages/cafe3.html

(Location) On the corner of sakaimachi street and sanjo street.

These 2 coffee shops are close from our hotel.(about 10minutes by walk)

(nishiki market )

we have fresh food market ( Nishiki market) this market is also very famous.y
ou can get many of kyoto food there. This market also 15minute by walk from our hotel.

(ponto cho)
Ponto cho is one of very famous restaurant street.this street is very narrow but vey tradditional and almost restaurant is very nice. you shold go there and find a nice restaurant for dinner.
(OMEN NIPPON)
This picture is famous noodle restaurant and the home shop is in Kyoto.
I had ever watch this noodle restaurant on TV but one of our Hawaiian guest she told me this restaurant is very nice and this shop is also in NY !!

(adress in NY) 113 Thompson Street New York 10012 N.Y. U.S.A
(TEL )212-925-8923
(HP) http://www.omen.co.jp/index.html


the noodle was very simple but very delicious.
this restaurant is on Shijo street and kiyamachi street near Ponto cho.

Today I introduce some famous spot for japanese tourist but kyoto still has many interesting and nice restaurant or shops and Our hotel is very close from down town so this is very convenience to go almost famous spot.

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Taxi

This morning, a yasaka taxi with pattern of a four-leaf clover came to our ryokan. Most yasaka taxies are with a three-leaf clover. Taxies with a four-leaf clover are only 4 in Kyoto city. We cannot make a reservation, so this is very lucky. It is said that this taxi bring you a lucky. If you ride on it, you can get a special certificate and sticker. When youcome to Kyoto, let’s find yasaka taxi with pattern of a four-leaf clover. May this picture bring you good luck!

Tea Ceremony 2023

  we have tea ceremony in the morning(9:00 ~ 11:00)for free.  NISHIYAMA RYOKAN

Travel to another city

I went to small trip to FUKUI prefecture last weekend. for Fukui I leave Kyoto at 11am I arrive there about 2pm by car. I have never been there before this is my first time. I live in kyoto city so I do not have so many chance to watch sea so I really enjoy driving the sea front . Fukui is very famous for sea food and hot spring. The weather is very cold when I was there so hot spring was really nice to keep me warm after the hot spring I had seafood. on the way hope I still feel warm because of the hot spring . I could really enjoy and relax on this small trip. From Kyoto station to Fukui station is 1hour and half by Shinkansen.